Prev: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy Next: Re: [DS2] net software Q

Re: FB2 errata - I found another

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:41:50 +0100
Subject: Re: FB2 errata - I found another

Paul Grogan wrote:

>Thanks for letting me know where the FB2 errata is.
>
>However, We found another (I think)
>
>p.41 - Huulth class Warrior
>Crew Factor 4 listed in stats, but SSD only shows 3.
>
>No-one else spotted this?

At least four other people have spotted it and mentioned on the list at
different times... Hm - Tim, didn't you update the FB2 errata?

Ah well. Here goes again (some of these are on the FAQ page, but IIRC
most aren't):

Kra'Vak:
- p.10 "Hangar Bays" say that KV fighter bays only cost 18pts each.
That's wrong; they cost 27pts each just like human bays.
- KV Do'San (CVL): Tech specs say that the ship only have 1xK1. This is
incorrect; it has 3xK1as indicated on the data panel.
- KV Ko'San (CV): 3 Fire Control Systems are missing from the data
panel (this time the tech specs are correct).

Phalon:
- Shell, clarification of a potential source of confusion: The rule
(p35) says both that Shell boxes cost 2 points each (4th paragraf)
*and* that their cost per box is 2 x layer number (2 pts per box in
layer 1, 4 pts per box in layer 2 etc). The latter is correct.
- PBL clarification: Any missile or fighter caught within the burst
radius of an exploding PBL is automatically destroyed (as for all other
area effect weapons).
- p.36, "Hangar Bays": Says that Phalon bays cost 18 pts. That's wrong;
they cost 27pts just like human and Kra'Vak ones.
- PBL summary (p45): Note about effects of shields/shrouds is missing.
- Pulser summary (p45): Says that Level-2 screens and Vapour Shrouds
negate rolls of 4 or 5. This is incorrect; Shrouds and Screens affect
Pulsers in exactly the same way as they affect human beams.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy Next: Re: [DS2] net software Q