Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: [DS2][SG2] harmonizing spaces in vehicles

RE: [FT] SSD question

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:31:55 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] SSD question

> I'm just curious how others have been creating their SSD's for an
> exhibition
> game?  I recently did a few using the bit mapped "ship bits"
> which can be found
> on the web.  These looked nice but the trouble was there were
> quite a number of
> pages of just ship diagrams and an additional page for orders.
> This seemed to
> cause much shuffling of paper which distracted from the game.

Hmmm, why did you have multiple pages?	How many ships per player? The
templates for a decent fleet of ships can easily be combined to a larger
page, and then there are order tables available you can paste on the
bottom.

> In my next game I'm more inclined to use the SSD and Order sheet
> from the back
> of the FB1 book, and draw by hand the pertinent systems.  I'm
wondering if
> anyone else has suggestions or experiences as to the best way to
> handle SSD's
> (keeping them neatly confined to one page)?

I use Paint Shop Pro with a customized set of bits and have a few
different
sizes of base sheets depending on the size and number of ships I want on
the
sheet (fewer ships or smaller base images get the smaller base sheet so
when
printed as fit to page, it fills it up).

Only huge ships should take up more than one page (my mass 1400 Super
Star
Destroyer takes up 2) though I do use the separate orders sheet for
Earthforce Sourcebook B5 ships so the vector orders and the Heavy Beam
charge can be tracked more easily.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: [DS2][SG2] harmonizing spaces in vehicles