Prev: Re: [DS2] net software Q Next: [OT] Canadian Gaming Stores

Re: [FT] SSD question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:13:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] SSD question

Alan Brain wrote:

>Here's what I do, assuming you are a Windoze user:
>
>a) Use Windows Paintbrush to make a number of SSDs. This is done >by:
>1. Make a new document
>2. Copy and paste from Shipbits to make the SSD
>3. (IMPORTANT!) Cut the SSD
>4. Paste the SSD *as a new document*. This means that instead of a
>*huge* .BMP file containing exactly 1 SSD and a lot of whitespace, you
>get a much smaller one with no whitespace.

I save them in Monochrome format instead - I don't use any other
colours on my SSDs anyway <g> It has a similar (or the same, not
entirely sure) effect.

>c) Paste as many copies of the SSDs as you like in a new BMP.
>You should be able to fit a 1500-2000 pt fleet on 1 side of an A4 (or
>Legal or Quarto) sheet. Then paste this into a Word document. On the
>following page, insert a table for the orders - one column for each
ship >in the fleet.

Include the table at the bottom of the page with the ships. You should
still be able to get some 6-8 ships per page, and reduces potential
confusion a bit further.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [DS2] net software Q Next: [OT] Canadian Gaming Stores