Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: Re: Population modelling

Re: [FT] SSD question

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:03:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] SSD question

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

> I'm just curious how others have been creating their SSD's for an
exhibition
> game?  I recently did a few using the bit mapped "ship bits" which can
be fou
nd
> on the web.  These looked nice but the trouble was there were quite a
number
of
> pages of just ship diagrams and an additional page for orders.  This
seemed t
> cause much shuffling of paper which distracted from the game.
>
> In my next game I'm more inclined to use the SSD and Order sheet from
the bac
> of the FB1 book, and draw by hand the pertinent systems.  I'm
wondering if
> anyone else has suggestions or experiences as to the best way to
handle SSD's
> (keeping them neatly confined to one page)?

I scanned all four FB1&2 SSD/order sheets (with Jon's permission) and
posted them to my website -
see <http://warbard.iwarp.com/ft.html> - I've also got PhalonBits
available there.

They're big jpgs, so you can use them, ShipBits, and your favourite
graphics program to do 'professional' looking SSD sheets.

Alternately, Jaime's trading-card sized SSDs work very well, if you
don't
mind giving up having everything on one piece of paper.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: Re: Population modelling