Prev: population modelling, a la Brian Next: KV Battle of Saturn

Re: population modelling, a la Brian

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:07:27 -0400
Subject: Re: population modelling, a la Brian

> That's a lot of mass. Try moving 400 mass which includes a lot of
stuff
and
> tell me the enemies you have won't be interested in that.... <heh
heh>. So
> you have to protect it. Not only do you need the mass for people and
for
kit
> (and you need to pay for it) but your Navy has to run escort duty (as
you
> said, it is a time of turmoil....).

Depends.  You've already got system ships to escort it out to jump
point,
and if no one else has FTL warships you've a reasonable chance at the
colony
arriving at destination without interference.

And if you're shipping out dissidents, you might not mind very much if
an
opposing power blows them up.

Prev: population modelling, a la Brian Next: KV Battle of Saturn