Prev: re: [DS2] newbie Q Next: [FT, GZGECC] Battle of Saturn

RE: [DS2] net software Q

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:45:31 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS2] net software Q

Correct.
DS2 uses 4 capacity points per Infantry element (8 per Power Armor
element).
An element is described as 2-5 men and their equipment. SG2 uses 1 point
per
figure (2 for Power Armor). This amounts to about the same if you use 4
man
squads in SG2. But, as you say, a legal SG vehicle can be illegal in
DS2. My
resolution is that a squad of less than 2 elements falls below the
granularity of DS2. Thus, the vehicle with seating for 6 would convert
DS2 as having a capacity for 1 infantry element (both teams would
combine to
get a DS2 element).
Example 2 on SG p.32 would be illegal in DS2. In DS2 terms it would hold
1
element of infantry, but could not hold Power Armor.

I believe you are incorrect on the weapons size fit for SG2. SG p.32,
example 1
deals with a size 4 weapon being placed in a size 3 vehicle. DS2, does
suggest
a limit of 1 class size larger than the vehicle size.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
The Full Thrust Ship Registry: