Prev: Re: [SG2] [DS2] articulation - a final thought Next: Re: Jerrymeister's archives

Re: [SG2] Element Description Format - draft 0.5 - RFC

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 19:49:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2] Element Description Format - draft 0.5 - RFC

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 00:50:47 -0400, "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com>
wrote:

>Comments? Would a well developed format be of use? It might be for
PBeM, for
>easy force descriptions in compact space such as scenario books, and
for
>computer representations, etc.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm not THAT opposed to it. In fact, it could work very well. I
just had
flashbacks to the old UPP. I could never remember what the darned thing
represented. I always had to have a template at hand. Of course GDW went
nuts
and used profiles for everything from characters to star systems.

I suggest NOT using it for scenario books. It's just too hard to read.
Jon's
standard is to use plain English and I like that idea. For PBEM games, I
suspect it would work. For e-mail messages? Hmmm... not sure. You'd
always
have to include the template so that casual players would know what you
were
talking about.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: [SG2] [DS2] articulation - a final thought Next: Re: Jerrymeister's archives