Prev: Re: AFV Recognition Next: Re: FT-HH LAC`s

Re: Return of FMA...

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:10:18 +1300
Subject: Re: Return of FMA...

> Actually, that's an interesting point. The whole "D4 unarmoured" guy
idea
works in SG2 because it's meant to be abstract. When you bring it down
FMA, especially for things like grenade blasts at short range, it may
not be
valid. You still need some sort of luck happening for penetration, but I
think D4 might be a bit much.

> Perhaps just give the unarmoured guy a single point of armour? If the
grenade goes off and rolls a 1 it does no damage, but a 2 or greater
will
damage?

In my Simply Skirmish rules which is based on FMA, unarmoured figures
have
"1" for armour. The damage roll just has to roll higher than "1" to
inflict
damage and put the victim down.

> > Has anyone done anything with FMA since the extremely-beta release
in
July 1999?

I've written Simply Skirmish and I've just added a whole lot more to it
including Fantasy, Medieval, Modern and SF, Magic, Miracles, Psionics,
detailed melee rules, and so on. I've also playtested it at a local
exhibition for four days.

If people would like another copy, let me know and I'll put it up on my
site.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.nbci.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: AFV Recognition Next: Re: FT-HH LAC`s