Prev: Re: FT-HH LAC`s Next: Re: [FT] MS Access

Re: rules cheat sheet was Re: Mobile infantry in SG2

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:16:06 -0700
Subject: Re: rules cheat sheet was Re: Mobile infantry in SG2

The really scary thing is comparing Jon Tuffley's rules writing with,
oh say anybody from AOG...

Night and day.

Although I have a certain fondness for the style of the young Steve
Cole, say Starfire 1st ed era.

At 8:36 PM -0600 12/6/00, Joseph Arnold wrote:
>Touche. However I did have the caveat "that I've played." I've never
played
>DB Anything, saw too much text in the rulebooks, and let's face it, who
>wants to read all that :P. I guess my main complaint with the GZG books
is
>they are a little bit hard to navigate. I do appreciate the little grey
>boxes with the core rule nuggets, but it is sometimes hard to find the
exact
>rule I need during a game. Admittedly, I don't play as often as some on
the
>list, so the books aren't second nature to me. Plus, I haven't even
cracked
>my book since getting back into college. Let's just say some of the
rules
>seem to be placed wierdly (at least to me).
>Jay
>

>----------
>>From: Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca>
>>To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
>>Subject: Re: rules cheat sheet was Re: Mobile infantry in SG2
>>Date: Wed, Dec 6, 2000, 8:17 PM
>>

>>  On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:00:50 -0600, "Joseph Arnold"
>><jdarnold@siu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>Praise be to Jah! Don't get me wrong, I love the GZG systems, but
they are
>>>just about the most user-unfriendly rulebooks ever made for wargames
(at
>>>least for games I've played). A useful index/concordance is long
overdue.

>>  Uh... no they're not. *L*
>>
>>  First off, SG2 makes a sort of weird semblance of sense once
>>you've used it a
>>  bit. The trick is that you REALLY have to pay attention to the
section
>>  headings at the very top of the pages.
>>
>>  Second, Jon can actually write in literate sentences. Try reading
Phil

--

Michael Carter Llaneza

Devolution is very real to me.

From owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU  Sun Oct  1 02:54:10 2000
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
To: <gzg-l>
Subject: Re: Asymetric ships
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 05:53:08 -0400
Sender: owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

> And plenty of scrap in the world to make your own. When I said
the stuff I
> was carving was difficult to KEEP symmetric, that was a hint.
>
> The_Beast

I did notice.  But I bought a batch of ships in April.	Some of
them are mostly painted now, some of them I'm hoping to assemble
some time soon.

Prev: Re: FT-HH LAC`s Next: Re: [FT] MS Access