Prev: Re: Return of FMA... Next: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)

Re: Help for Oerjan

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:33:59 +0100
Subject: Re: Help for Oerjan

Donald Hosford wrote:

>Sounds like Oerjan (and several others...) need some help in vehicle
>recognition.

You got it completely backwards. My problem is that I and my opponents
recognise *TOO MANY* existing vehicles - which means that we also far
too often identify the parts a kit-bashed "SF" vehicle is built from.
It's bloody difficult to convince someone who spent the better part of
a year in or on a Centurion MBT that even a heavily modified Centurion
hull with a new turret can be a vehicle from the 23rd century...

BTW, there's a set of vehicle recognition tests on-line at
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/5423/index.html .

FWIW, when I first tried them I had one error (of 30 possible <g>) in
the "friend or foe" test (mistook a Soviet 2S6 AA vehicle for a German
Gepard - ie., I wouldn't have fired when I should have... at least I
wouldn't've caused a blue-on-blue), but only 33 of 40 in the naming
tests. My chronic inability to tell the difference between the various
ex-Soviet IFVs struck again :-(

One of the fringe benefits of working where I do is having all the
Jane's books (though not the various magazines) available on-line at
work so I don't need to buy them <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Return of FMA... Next: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)