Prev: Re: Bugs! (and other alien life forms) Next: RE: [FT] Varient fighter question

[FT] Varient fighter question

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 18:54:17 +0100
Subject: [FT] Varient fighter question

One thing I recently noticed, and I'm suprised that its not covered in
the FAQ... or anywhere in the archives (at least that I could find).

It's not particularly clear what happens when interceptor fighters
engage Heavy fighters.

Of for that matter, when Attack or Torpedo fighters engage Heavy
fighters.

Likewise its not particularly clear what hapens when an Attack fighter
attacks a screened ship. The updated varient fighter rules in Fleet Book
2 state "When engaging other ships, however, the Attack fighters add 1
to all their die rolls, ie: if firing on an un-screened target ship they
would inflict 1 Damage Point with rolls of 3 or 4, and 2 DP with 5 or
6."

>From this I conclude that the effects are that you count the actual
dice
rolled as if it had rolled one higher than its actual roll, but still
only re-roll on an actual 6 on the dice, thus:

Level of Screens	No effect	1 DP	2 DP
None			1, 2		3, 4	5, 6
Level 1 Screen		1, 2, 3 	4	5, 6
Level 2 Screen		1, 2, 3 	4, 5, 6 NA

So, does a similar effect count when interceptors engage heavy fighters?
and can Attack or Torpedo fighters damage Heavy fighters at all?

As an alternative suggestion, it could be ruled that attack fighters
negate 1 level of screens on screened ships, and interceptors negate the
Heavy fighter advantage. In both cases, the attack is then resonlved as
if it were by a regular multirole fighter.

Any ideas, (perhaps an official ruling from GZG, hint, hint :-).

Charles.

Prev: Re: Bugs! (and other alien life forms) Next: RE: [FT] Varient fighter question