Prev: Re: [SG] boarding action inspiration Next: Bugs! Re: re: Mini Related Questions

DS2 Mudular walkers

From: "bif smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:42:28 +0100
Subject: DS2 Mudular walkers

I`m coming to this from battletech, where the clans had modular weapon
loadouts for there mecha, and the discusion of modular starship had me
thinking of modular mecha as in clan omnimechs. Heres the way I worked
it
out-

Basic chassis (non-modular)
Stealth, firecons, ECM, backup systems, armour, powerplant, locamotion.
The cost is worked out using these systems fitted, and the weapon cost
added
at a later time when the weapons are added.

E.G.- 2 heavy mech, both with fusion powerplants, -2 stealth, superior
firecon (cl.5 weapons max), enhansed ECM & backup systems.

MADCAT (hvy)  COST=468 (not including cost of missile guidence backup)

Mass=5 Armour=5 Weapon spaces=25

VULTURE (hvy) COST=379.6 (same as above)

Mass=5 Armour=4 Weapon spaces=25

HVY WEAPONS LOADS (25 weapon spaces)
VARIENT 	  COST
 A			   174	      2xMDC/5, ENHANCED PDS, APFC,
2xAPSW
 B			   148	      2xSLAM/4, 2xHEL/2, 2xAPSW
 C			   169	      2xSLAM/3, 2xHEL/3, APFC, APSW
 D			   146	      1xDFFG/5, 1xHVC/4, 2xRFAC/1, APFC,
3xAPSW

I haven`t used these yet, so I cannot say how useful they are, but it
does
seem to offer tactical flexability for your units. Also, how about a
rule
alowing the walkers to go "hull down", where they fold there legs under
there body. In the turn they go/move off from "hull down", they`re only
allowed HALF movement. While they`re hull down, they loose the walker`s
disadvantage of the +1 size level. This idea came about from looking at
these "bird leg" mecha, with there backwards knees. I have also designed
some mecha in size 3, to represent light units, used for escort or
scouting
duties. This removes the gap between infantry walkers and combat
walkers.

Any comments?

BIF.

Prev: Re: [SG] boarding action inspiration Next: Bugs! Re: re: Mini Related Questions