Prev: Re: More Thrust Missiles Next: [SG] boarding action inspiration

[FH] AE sovs, was Re: GZGverse Japanese

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:00:35 -0400
Subject: [FH] AE sovs, was Re: GZGverse Japanese

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert W. Hofrichter <RobHofrich@peoplepc.com>
> Casa Familia (?--supposed to be "the Family Home")
>
> Run by that ever-popular bunch of downtrodden capitalists, the
Cosa Nostra.

> "Gambling, prostitution, recreational drugs--hey, if the other
guys won't
> let you have it, come on and pay us a visit!	We guarantee a
unique
> experience for every visitor!"   from a promotional brochure.

  This doesn't really work in AE space, because a) you can
emigrate whenever you want, so there is no slavery, no protection
rackets, etc, and b) all of these services are available legally
elsewhere (New LA is the largest and best known).

   Just in case, though, AE courts aren't bound by the same laws
and restrictions that, say, US courts are, and warrants in this
sort of situation would be served by a reinforced Power Armor
company.  Company officers are quick to point out that their
orders say arrests are to be made without bloodshed when
possible.  On the other hand, "when possible" is often left to
the discretion of the CO and it may be considered that "flash
vaporization" isn't the same as "bloodshed".
  In fact, though, the situation hasn't quite come up.	That is,
a Guards company broke into the habitat of a particularly
inventive sadist/pimp--this was back in 2120 or so--but they
weren't able to arrest him.  It appears that he was hiding in an
out of the way storage space, and accidentally locked himself,
several of his henchmen, and a few hundred rats into the room.
Despite the fact that the habitat was relatively small, the
troops who were searching for him didn't happen to find that room
for ten days or so.  Quite unfortunate, and highly publicized at
the time.

Prev: Re: More Thrust Missiles Next: [SG] boarding action inspiration