Prev: Re: Pirates and Privateers Next: Re: Pirates and Privateers

Re: Pirates and Privateers

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:05:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Pirates and Privateers

In message <q8k2tso73gtpu5ab6gv44pmrgdv9vodlvj@4ax.com>
	  Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca> wrote:

[snip]

> Now, this brings an interesting thing to mind as far as FT campaigns
are
> concerned. Most players tend towards military aggression when coming
up with
> reasons for wars between belligerents. In fact, most real world
reasons are
> political. Internal fractures within a political body can make for
interesting
> scenarios. I'd like to see more of this in the official timeline.
Perhaps the
> ESU splinters. Maybe a Kra'vak clan war kicks in. For that matter,
even the
> Phalons might splinter. It would make for an interesting situation.
You want
> to use those neat UN ships? How about putting them between two
different ESU
> factions.
>

> Allan Goodall 		 awg@sympatico.ca
> Goodall's Grotto:  http://www.vex.net/~agoodall

Looking at FB2, page 34 "The Phalon Conglomerate is a lose, highly
balkanised federation of individual worlds..." and goes on in that light
- they co-operate against an extrenal threat, but if that threat were to
diminish (say the human/Kra'Vak war cools down, due to, say, the KV
turning the human core worlds to slag with mile-long hyper-mass drivers
:-) or the KV war effort loosing momentum due to internal strife as
mentioned elsewhere, or the Sa'Vasku killing everyone, or the SV
failing to kill everyone so the humans & KV join forces and turn on
them, etc. and ad infinitum - I think I swiped most of these ideas
from B5 :-), then the old rivalries would re-surface...

Hmm... gotta think about this!

Charles

Prev: Re: Pirates and Privateers Next: Re: Pirates and Privateers