Prev: Re: Stellar Wars Re: UNSC fleet carrier design Next: Re: Mil vs. Civ shipping

Re: [FT] various subsystems (arc specific armor)

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:15:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] various subsystems (arc specific armor)

> > >I was disappointed in FB1 that a ton of armor gave no more
protection
> > >when applied to a corvette than to a superdreadnought.
> > [snip]
> > >But I seen no way to correct this without invalidating the existing
> > SSDs. >[heavy sigh]

The only PSB I can think of for this is that the "armor" isn't actually
armor--it's more like chaff, or Traveller "sand", tossed out to block
incoming fire.	That would also account for why the K guns go through it
so
easily.

Prev: Re: Stellar Wars Re: UNSC fleet carrier design Next: Re: Mil vs. Civ shipping