Prev: Re: [FT] various subsystems Next: Re: [FT] various subsystems

Re: [FT] various subsystems

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:49:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] various subsystems

In message <002801c02654$3d6aed60$d4ea6520@pent60>
	  "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> > >If it is possible to build a decoy ship to suck
> > >up SMs, is it possible to create a decoy-launcher that could
> > >launch an SM decoying drone (or ten...) when the ship comes
> > >under SM attack?
> >
> > Some months ago someone (IIRC Charles Taylor?) suggested an SM
> "decoy
> > salvo" ammo type; it worked just like a BJ. There were some
> problems
> > with it though; don't remember if they got hashed out or not.
>
> I think it was me--a Jammer missile that reduces your available
> missiles per pack by one but reduces enemy to-hit.  I don't
> recall details at the moment.

I think you're right, I suggested an EMP salvo missile variant, but I
don't remember suggesting a 'decoy' SM - but my hard drive just wen't
down on friday, so I've not been able to check.

I suggest lots of strange ideas, some of which might actually work :-)

Charles

Prev: Re: [FT] various subsystems Next: Re: [FT] various subsystems