Prev: Re: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign Next: Re: [FT] Building

Re: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:43:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign

> Andrew Martin (on behalf of Chris Engle)

> FIRST NARROW THE PLAYING FIELD
Good

>Commercial shipping also
> stands as a second voice vying for control of ship building
production.
> Don't worry about what the ships are carrying - it is
irrelevant!

If you put your production aboard those ships, it motivates you
to protect them.
I'm toying with a system in which you get Red, Green and Blue
resource units; when you transport them to a production center,
you get, say, 10MCr for 1, 30MCr for a pair (different colors)
and 50MCr for a set of RGB.  This will encourage trade.  The MCr
have to be spent at that production center, which is no problem
unless you're trying to supply military units on another planet
(eg a colony).	More details when I get around to it (don't hold
your breath).

> THE STATE: Increase its power (militarily, politically,
economically,
> geographically, culturally etc.)
Religious power too.  Allahu akhbar!

Rather than have different political divisions, you might
consider having a "Glory Rating".  I've seen this in, I think,
Imperium?  If your glory drops too low, your military effort
loses support.	Set things up to encourage battles (eg you get
glory if you fight a battle at even odds and win, but you also
get glory if at worse than 1:1 and inflict damage).

Prev: Re: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign Next: Re: [FT] Building