Prev: Re: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign Next: Re: Mil vs. Civ shipping

Re: [FT] UNSC design

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:57:57 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC design

Charles Stanley Taylor wrote, in reply to Paul Radford:

>Hmm.. question to list - has anyone out there done any playtesting on
>Wave Guns and Nova Cannon? I know some think they are too >powerful,
while others think they are too weak!

<Vorlon>

<buzz jingle chime> "Yes"

</Vorlon>

>On the subject of spinal mounts, I've been thinking about extra-heavy
>versions of the Pulse Torpedo (doing 2d6, 3d6 etc. damage, perhapse
>longer range brackets)

More damage with the same range bands scales as just over 1:1 - the big
weapon gains a bit from higher repairability when it goes down, but
OTOH it loses a little in flexibility when they start overkilling badly
damaged targets. It depends on what you're fighting, really.

>>-KPI (Kinetic Penetrator,  Incendiary) are a penetrative round
>>designed to penetrate the hull, vapourising into directed plasma.
This >>could ignite the very structure of the ship (pyphoric effect)
and create >>significant blast overpressure capable of blowing out
whole hull >>sections. In game terms, they would damage equal to rail
gun class. >>Each subsequent turn, the ship will take two points of
damage from >>the spreading incendiary effect until it is dealt wth by
damage control >>teams (as in the same way that Sa'Vasku leach pods are
dealt with).
>>Again, i am not speculating on costs in terms of mass and points.
>>Perhaps the mass could be increased by 1 to cover the cost of
>>alternate types?

You may want to tie the damage inflicted on the subsequent turns to the
class of the weapon. K1s firing KPIs would be quite... impressive
otherwise, for an increase of only 1 Mass. At least against enemy
escorts :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign Next: Re: Mil vs. Civ shipping