Prev: Re: Catalogue Crisis!! Next: Re: Fw: United States - Espionage

Re: Catalogue Crisis!!

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:22:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Catalogue Crisis!!

Jon, who is tired of me reminding him about BDS, said:

***
See the "official" designs in Fleet Book 1 for the preferred doctrines
of
each fleet.
***

If you're doing FTII/MT ships, then the above really does obtain. The
FB1
has new weapons and building structures that aren't found in the older
materials.

However, basically, all the fleets have the full range of sizes of
ships,
and I can't recall a preference in numbers of one class, but I'll look
later.

FSE are fast and somewhat fragile ships, with lots of one of those new
weapons, the Salvo Missle. NSL tend to be slower and much, more robust,
with heavy use of armor, something that had been for Kra'vak only,
previously. NSL tends to depend on beams.

NAC and ESU ships tend towards the middle ground of strength vs speed,
with
NAC tending to be a bit faster, and greater use of pulse torps.

These are, at best, tendencies, and ones someone will soon dispute. ;->=
As
far as I can recall, you can find each of the common weapons in all the
fleets, to lesser or greater amounts, though none of the ESU I've
fielded
have had p-torps.

Would help for me to make these statements with book in hand, though.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Catalogue Crisis!! Next: Re: Fw: United States - Espionage