Prev: RE: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles... Next: Re: Salvo missile escalation

[DS2] Grav dropped vehicles...

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:44:14 -0400
Subject: [DS2] Grav dropped vehicles...

What house rules do people use for Grav vehicles being dropped?

I see three possibilities (there may be more) depending on the
PSB used for grav:

1) Grav units may be inserted from orbit (as size 1 vehicles are).
Grav drive allows the unit to slow and maneuver as it flies to
the ground.
Using this PSB, grav vehicles should operate as VTOLS or
even aerospace craft as desired.

2) Grav units any size may be paradropped. The unit's Grav
drive becomes more efficient as it gets closer to the ground
and uses it to cushion/slow the fall, but cannot "fly".
Using this PSB, a grav vehicle should be able to make a
pop-up attack (ala Stargrunt).

3) Grav units are as restricted as any other vehicle in drops.
PSB: same as #2, but with a far greater diminishing returns curve.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/