Prev: Re: Salvo missile escalation Next: RE: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

Re: Salvo missile escalation

From: "Dave Pullen" <david.pullen3@v...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:04:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Salvo missile escalation

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Apter" <andya@speechsolutions.com>

> This is a real style of play question so I must ask:
> How fast are your ships moving?
> Are you using Vector or cinematic movement?
> How maneuverable are your ships?
>
> Depending on these factors salvo-missiles can be anywhere from usless
> deadly.
> Andy A

The two fleets were heading towards each other at speeds around 10-12.
We
had our usual 2000 points and the game lasted just two turns for the two
players using salvos on each other, the other two were pinging away into
the
early hours. We always use the cinematic movement and the ships generaly
have a thrust of 4 since this is adequate for most uses.

For the next game I'm going to suggest a 5 or 6 thousand point game,
expecting to be knocked down to 4.
I might try to get them to allow all systems instead of them saying 'no
nova
cannons cause they're silly' or 'no cloaks or reflex fields cause I
don't
like them'.

Hell, they even banned my 300 mass, thrust 2 ship with a whole load of
class
1 beams. Saying that though I have since learned that lots of little
ships
have a much better survivability than one huge one, currently I use 80
mass
heavy cruisers but I might lower that to around 50 or 60.

And thanks to Stiltman for reminding us about the benefits of silly
amounts
of PDAFs, in non-FB I had a wonderfull AEGIS cruiser design that had a
hard
time stopping the swarms of EMP missiles that were used then. It may be
time
to resurrect the idea.

Neb en New, Imey er Baketu Neferwet,
Bak en Bin, Netjer en Bau.
david.pullen3@virgin.net
neterenbaiu.horemheb@ancientsites.com
Ankh, Udja, Seneb!

Prev: Re: Salvo missile escalation Next: RE: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...