Prev: Range effects on cost (Was Re: Starship! and FT, from the author) Next: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

From: "Stuart Ford" <smford@e...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:51:19 -0500
Subject: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 5:51 PM

> The problem with softening the landing isn't softening the landing for
the
> vehicle.  It is softening the landing for the men in the vehicle...

I think that is the reason that most current armed forces drop their
crews
seprate from their vehicles. It's pretty fun to watch a Russian air
drop...
IFV's on chutes... with a rocket braking system that fires just before
impact of the vehicle!

Stuart

Prev: Range effects on cost (Was Re: Starship! and FT, from the author) Next: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...