Prev: Re: Target rich system Next: Re: Starship! Stands

Introduction: was: [OT] Starship vs FT

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:56:01 +0200
Subject: Introduction: was: [OT] Starship vs FT

> All hands--when there's a new person on the list (and I can think
> of other recent examples besides Brad) perhaps it would be as
> well to give a little introduction as to our expertise?  Some of
> us are math-challenged, absent-minded, introverted teenagers
> (that's me--and has been for 25 years), but some of us have a
> little more impressive credentials.

Hello everybody,

I will pick up that matter. I have been on the list fro several months
now,
but I don't think I have introduced myself properly yet in the sense
defined
above. My name is Karl Heinz Ranitzsch, I was born in 1953, am married
and
have two boys 14 and 16 year old. The younger one is an avid
role-playing-gamer and older is into computers and web-page-design.

I have studied physics and got a Ph.D.in elementary particle physics.
After
graduating, I went to work in system analysis and computer programming
(mainframe machines) . I now live in Hamburg, Germany, and work for
Hapag-Lloyd, a big shipping company.

I have been playing with miniatures for a quarter century, first with
WWII
and Napoleonics, then Ancients - I am active member of the Society of
Ancients - and have discovered GZG games fairly recently. I also do a
lot of
board wargaming and general social games. I also have done some railroad
and
plastic modelling in my life.

I am fluent in German, Spanish, French and (if that should ever crop up
in
the GZG universe) Latin and ancient Greek. I read a lot about history,
science and science fiction (in that order).

I am interested in a lot of subjects and can make a fool of myself in
most
of them.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Target rich system Next: Re: Starship! Stands