Prev: Re: [OT] FreiKorps Next: Re: [OT] Starship vs FT

Re: [FT] New way of moving ships

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] New way of moving ships

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Corey Burger wrote:

> In our gaming group, we tend to ignore the "can only turn a certain
number
> of degrees rule", as when I want to turn 45 degrees, I am going to
turn 45
> degrees dammit, not 60 cause that is too much and not 30 cause that is
two
> little. To me at least, the confining of players to only certain
compass
> points is artificial and unnecessary on a free form move table.

This should be re-written a bit: Corey's the only one I know of who
ignores the clockface method of movement. I use it, and as far as I know
the rest of our group still does...

Keeping to clockface makes it easier to interpret other people's
movement
orders - and it happens to correspond with weapon arcs, too.

Using sides & points of the hexbases works well, for the smaller GZG
ships
- I still wish they all came packaged with the full metal clockface
bases,
but then I'd have a smaller fleet 'cause of cost...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: [OT] FreiKorps Next: Re: [OT] Starship vs FT