Prev: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author

Re: [OT] Starship vs FT

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:12:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Starship vs FT

From: <Aron_Clark@digidesign.com>

> Groan . . .  the recent posts regarding Starship are exactly
what I hoped
> wouldn't happen.  I must apologize to the list for
inadvertently starting this
> thread.  <snip> I didn't expect Brad to
> begin a series of posts to the GZG Mailing list attempting to
prove the
> superiority of Starship to Full Thrust.

It hasn't been all that disastrous.  Starship! probably IS
superior to FT is some respect--if I was interested in a "there's
a different race on every planet" type of universe, for example,
then it sounds as if it has some good ideas.  And I didn't think
Brad was "defending" so much as "explaining."  It's hard to tell
someone's tone of voice over e-mail.

Brad, FYI in case you didn't know, Oerjan is one of our resident
analysts, a top playtester for FT Fleet Book 2 (among others) and
contributed in some unspecified (or perhaps "specified but not in
the last week and my memory is struggling") but major way to
Starfire's design.  So he has some experience in the field.

All hands--when there's a new person on the list (and I can think
of other recent examples besides Brad) perhaps it would be as
well to give a little introduction as to our expertise?  Some of
us are math-challenged, absent-minded, introverted teenagers
(that's me--and has been for 25 years), but some of us have a
little more impressive credentials.

Prev: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author