Prev: Re: Target rich system Next: Re: Alderson Drive

Re: Gencon UK 2000 Results

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:36:09 +0200
Subject: Re: Gencon UK 2000 Results

Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:

>>On the way to winning the Fleet Action, i certainly didn't have an
easy
>>path. Round 1 Oerjan, Round 2 Paul Grogan, Round 3 The Andy's
>>(novice's) and finally Bryan Ash in the final!

And Paul lost the battle against me by a grand 7 points... fortunately
for him that was in the qualification round where only two people were
knocked out ;-)

>>On the miniatures front, only 5 people Charles (2 fleets), Oerjan (2
>>fleets), Paul (3 fleets), Bryan (1 fleet) and myself (2 fleets) had
>>miniatures. Thus, unless anymore players came along with
>>miniatures, we were literally restricted to 10 fleets.
>
>Err.. make that "a pile of assorted blobby things that could make 2-3
>fleets" -

A combination of Space Fleet Tyranids and ICE Hatchlings IIRC - not
sure if the Phalons were painted? The ones that went onto the table
looked OK to me, anyway :-) And, of course, we could've "forced" people
to use Phalon or KV fleets to save up on models... for example, I had
enough KV models for two KV tournament fleets (as long as at least one
of them was the BDN one), and that's not counting the Kimbere
(blue/white) fleet.

>I should have more (and better ships) by next year, I managed
>to find a pile of old CMD "Future Wars" figures on one of the trade
>stands - including a lot that would make KV cruisers (how long ago
>_was_ CMD?) - plus a handful of SFB and B5W ships.

The KV ground vehicles, yes... I bought ten blisters of those as well
for use in my KV bitz box :-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Target rich system Next: Re: Alderson Drive