Prev: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author Next: Re: Trek-style Starships?

Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:38:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

>I'm sorry, but 6 arcs that cover 180 degrees in the vertical is a
little
>too simplistic for my tastes, and the 8 or 12 that feel better, either
the
>8 to which you allude, and weapons out of ANY are optional, or 12, the
6 FB
>arcs, split top and bottom. Painful, no?

Yes and no. Remember that 3 arc weapons then have a "half sphere,"
and all arc weapons have a "full sphere," so it's not as restrictive
as it may at first seem.

As most single arc weapons are mounted forward anyway, do you really
need the added complexity  of more directions?

Schoon

Prev: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author Next: Re: Trek-style Starships?