Prev: Re: [FT] New way of moving ships Next: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You

irish question

From: "mark and staci drake" <thedrake@p...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:31:14 -0500
Subject: irish question

After reading thread on what power that Ireland is part of, I have a
question on this.I am working on an idea for the Irish Guards regiment
in a
campaign setting,taking place in the Gamma Serpentis system (check out
Nyrath's FT galactic map--this system borders both NAC and ESU
space),where
this regiment is part of NAC and is involved in combat (read
"scenarios")
vs.ESU forces.My question is that since this regiment is currently part
of
the British army (as one of the 5 currently active Guards regiments)
that
would it still be considered part of NAC in this universe?
What sayeth the list? Or Jon?

Thanks,
      Mark "Quis Separabit?" Drake
From owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU  Fri Sep  1 01:17:39 2000
From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk>
To: gzg-l
Subject: Re: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:23:55 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

On Fri, 1 Sep 100 03:08:27 GMT aebrain@dynamite.com.au wrote:

> I prefer the model of the "Lenin". Look at the description: IIRC it's
literally described as "shaped like a bottle of port"... <

Where did you see this? I've never found a description of the President
class (and I've looked -- or I thought I had) except the comment that
the big ships (above BC size) would be cylindrical or spherical to
maximise volume. Other than that, there was only a drawing that
accompanied "Building TMiGE" in Galaxy, which could have been the
Lenin, but was of a long, skinny _conical_ ship with a dirty great fin
on the back!

Phil
"I think... I think I am!     |        I think _I_ am:
 Therefore I am... I think?"  | 	Phil Atcliffe
   -- The Moody Blues	      | (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: [FT] New way of moving ships Next: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You