Prev: Re: JUMP Next: Re: [FT] arcs in vector

Re: [FT] arcs in vector

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 18:50:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] arcs in vector

> >Anyway, what makes you think FT'ers compehend in three
dimensions?
> >;->=
>

> Hmmm, since I haven't read the rules, how do handle 'altitude'
if not in
> 3D?

Ignore it and it goes away.

This actually works reasonably well--since altitude is not
significant in open space the way it is in atmosphere.	No
difference between climbing, diving, and turning; no worries
about running into the ground or your aircraft's ceiling; if your
vessel loses power, you don't (usually) have to worry about
crashing.

There are some places where it causes problems but those are
usually the operational scale.	On the tactical scale, the extra
realism of 3D isn't worth the aggravation of setting to rods and
adjustable-altitude trays, figuring out 3D movement, etc. YMMV,
of course.

Prev: Re: JUMP Next: Re: [FT] arcs in vector