Prev: Re: Andromeda Ascendant Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] EW Action? (was: Commo Chits)

Re: EW Activation

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:45:11 -0400
Subject: Re: EW Activation

agoodall@canada.com wrote:

> On Thu, 31 August 2000, Kevin Balentine wrote:
>
> > We looked in the rules for a reason why an EW unit
> > would ever want to be "inactive" and couldn't come up
> > with one.
>
> Me too, which is one reason I thought it required an action to
activate EW. I can see a house rule, though, where by turning on EW puts
a hidden EW unit on the board. Or, failing that, I can see scenario
rules that don't allow EW to be active in an ambush setting.

    That's the way I play it, too.  Otherwise, there is no reason NOT to
voluntarily go inactive.  It also makes sense, too.  You're not going to
be able to make a double move and still attempt to use EW.  If making
the EW active costs an action, then it forces the
player to make a decision; that's good.  You end up having to choose
between moving, returning fire, and activating the EW kit.  You're only
going to be able to do two of them, which is it going to be?  I also
allow a supressed unit to activate EW while supressed.
Then you have to decide how important it is to attempt to remove
supression versus using the EW kit.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

To see a World in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.
 -William Blake

http://www.pantheism.net/

Prev: Re: Andromeda Ascendant Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] EW Action? (was: Commo Chits)