Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: RE: Fleet Book 2 insignia

Re: [FT] vector point balance

From: "Brian Thompson" <brianthompson17@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:21:13 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] vector point balance

>I would like to calculate some new costs for the standard ships because
>right now, playing KV (mostly Forward arc) vs multi-arc human fleets
seems
>to penalize the human fleets quite a bit. But versus humans with more
>restricted arcs, this would not be so. I'd like to find some
appropriate
>costing figures (or best guestimates) to try to give the human forces a

>more
>fair shake.

IMHO, the small arc of the KV is only feasable because of the advanced
drives (in vector, at lest), as otherwise, tactics would be limited to
those
which leave the enemy in the front arc, which would mean that most
movement
would have to be foreward/backwards.  The extra arcs of the humans mean
that
they don't have to always face directly towards the enemy, and also
gives
them a significantly better chance of being able to hit an enemy who is
maneuverable (advanced drives or 6+ thrust) at close range.  The human
player who takes purely front arc weapons could be in for a _nasty_
surprise
when the KV close in.

Thats what i think, anyway

Brian

http://profiles.msn.com.

Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: RE: Fleet Book 2 insignia