Prev: Re: [OT] Alderson Drive Next: Re: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive

Re: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:46:03 -0400
Subject: Re: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive

devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> It was also fun to find that the INSS MacArthur was based on a model
> kit -- and I had the kit! Shame it got left behind when I moved to the
> UK.
>
> Given your mention of ESU and NAC bits, would this be the one?
> http://greenmodels.com/images/amt-954-galactic.jpg
> Please note that John Green doesn't have the ship, just a piccie and a
> waiting list. ;->=

	I've still got the fragments of my ship.
	It was wired with peanut lights in the clear red plastic
	"engines".  They glowed evilly in their cases when the
	power was on.

	On a related note, it is fairly obvious to me that
	the stricken ship in Jerry Pournelle's short story
	"Tinker" is the plastic model called the
	Pilgrim Observer.

	There are a couple of these up for bids on EBay,
	they come up fairly often.

Prev: Re: [OT] Alderson Drive Next: Re: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive