Prev: Re: Defense of supposed gender bashingRe: [FT] Questions froma new Full Thrust player Next: Re: Ship Spin (wa Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types )

Re: DragonFlight 2000

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:39:41 +1000
Subject: Re: DragonFlight 2000

G'day Corey,

 >As for optimization for vector, you can decrease
 > the number of arcs you need dramatically,
 >to usually just one, and that works. Comments?

I wouldn't bother - its often harder to get yourself pointing exactly
where
you want in vector (despite how it may seem and especially if you have a

good opponent). It also massively curtails your own options come fire
time... stuck facing port when your last portside enemy has just blown
or
when the scarier (more important target) is to the starboard. If 1-arc
weapons were a dead sure vector thing then more designs would have them
as
the sole feature and in my experience you just don't see that - then
again
maybe Oerjan's database will prove me wrong.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au