Prev: RE: Mishaps in space Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] [Am I the last one to use tags?] Comms Quality

Re: Mishaps in space

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:49:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Mishaps in space

***
I disagree - a slow leak in space won't threaten hull integrity
nearly as much as in a sub and rescue efforts in space will never
(except
in odd areas - nebulas, etc) be hampered by ill weather and foul
currents.
***

Hi, Pat! I know plenty of folks that prefer the Digest approach. I just
want to thank you for putting a 'real' subject up rather than leaving
RE:
FTGZG Digest xx. Most considerate, and obviously a task easy to forget!

I'll have to chew a bit on the slow leak not threatening hull integrity
as
much, even in the low pressure I understand is common in most space
vehicles, but conditions in space, near vacuum and either very hot or
very
cold (or both at the same time), leaving aside radiation, while
seemingly
not varying as your examples, certainly seem as challenging to moi.

And if you mean literally messy, I thought the Russian habitat looked
pretty trashed without even having that kind of emergency. ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: Mishaps in space Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] [Am I the last one to use tags?] Comms Quality