Prev: Duffer's Drift Next: RE: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive

Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:25:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

> >My name is Brian Thomas; I'm 21, and have been wargaming for about 3
years
> >now (help!  I can't stop;).	I, and my gaming group, are relatively
new
> >Full Thrust, having mostly done GW mini games, with some Clan War and
B5
> >Wars thrown in.  With that in mind, a few questions have come up
regarding FT.

> Welcome aboard. I think that you'll like FT & you might even get used
> to our strange little community.

But you'll have to change your name because we've got a plethora of
Brians
already. : )

> >2) What sort of size fleet are people normally playing?  We've played
> >2000 and 3000 pts per side (2 players per side) game, and are leaning
> >towards 2000 each person.  What has people's experience been for
'ideal'
> >size fleets?
>
> Tourneys tend to use 1500 points, but anything in that ballpark
> produces a pretty good game. Bigger games (3000+) are more
> impressive, but take longer to play (not advised for the
> inexperienced).

And you can have quite an interesting match even at 500 points.  I think
the
NSL has a 150 mass ship that should be about 500 NPV; put that against a
couple of 200 point CE's and a DD.

> >4) Will there be a FT 3d edition anytime soon, or a FB3?
>
> The official response is: Don't Ask! (or else the BDS folks will get
> out the Narn Bats)

No, no, Jon said in FB2 that we can pester him about FT3.  The
Bugs-Don't-Surf crowd doesn't take precendence over the Written Word.
You
may, however, find it prudent to say something like "When is FB3 coming
out--and how much before that will BDS come out?"

> >6) Just how unbalancing, if at all, have people found DIY fleets from
FT1?

Design Your Own fleets _can_ be unbalancing if you take them against one
opponent only.	If you fight them against FSE, NSL, ESU, NAC, KraVak and
Phalon, you'll have to be balanced or one of your opponents will
massacre
you.

Prev: Duffer's Drift Next: RE: INSS MacArthur? Re: [OT] Alderson Drive