Prev: [OT} Alderson Drive Next: Re: Shuttles and ship's small craft

Re: [FT] More Thrust Fighter rules

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:14:44 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] More Thrust Fighter rules

>1.  I have read some opinions on this list that the Fighter Group
Morale
>rules are essential.  Do you consider the other More Thrust fighter
>rules to be essential?  I'm talking about the Scrambling Fighter Groups
>rule and the Fighter Pilot Quality rule.

The MT rules have at this point been almost entirely superceded by
FB1&2. I don't find the morale rules to be essential, but I don't use
hoards of them either.

>2.  Under the Fighter Group Morale rule, you roll a die to determine if
>a fighter group has the nerve to press home their attack.  Do you make
>this die roll when attacking Salvo Missiles?  Do you make this die
>roll when attacking other fighter groups?

I would say No and Yes respectively (IMO)

>3.  Under the Scrambling Fighter Group rule, if a carrier has plotted
>launch 2 fighter groups, and the carrier comes under attack, can that
>carrier attempt to scramble additional groups?  Or does this rule
>only apply if the carrier didn't plot to launch any fighters?

The new launch and screening rules make this somewhat academic.
Scrambling shouldn't really be necessary any more if you're paying
attention. However, I'd say that if they have unlaunched groups, then
they can attempt to scramble them.

>4.  Can a carrier use the Scrambler Fighter Group rule even if
>it changed its heading or velocity this turn?

Um... Erm...

Schoon

Prev: [OT} Alderson Drive Next: Re: Shuttles and ship's small craft