Prev: [FT] More Thrust Fighter rules Next: [FT] Decals

RE: Specialized Drones and Missiles

From: "Jarrard, Jonathan (J.)" <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:17:57 -0400
Subject: RE: Specialized Drones and Missiles

In a lot of ways, the simplest method of adding things like
scatter-packs,
stand-off laser missiles (ala STAR CRUISER/AD2300), drones, detailed
fighter
variants, etc. is to simply up the MASS of your capital ships and treat
small, MASS 5-20 ships as drones, missiles, and other disposable weapons
delivery systems.

This can be a lot of fun, with B1s and 2 suddenly representing your PDS
and
MASS 15 "Deathblossom" scatter-pack drones carrying 9 SMPs!  Besides,
then
you don't have to feel quite so bad when you lose a half-dozen "escorts"
(no
letters home to next-of-kin if they were just ordnance).

Since FT is a generic, scalable system, it is just as easy to "scale-up"
so
that a 100 MASS vessel represents a police cutter (and you are suddenly
playing SILENT DEATH) as it is to scale-down so that a Star Destroyer is
only a MASS 50 Cruiser.