Prev: Re: Defense of supposed gender bashingRe: [FT] Questions from anewFull Thrust player Next: Re: New Player......

RE: Vector Enjoyment (was: DragonFlight 2000)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 06:56:23 -0400
Subject: RE: Vector Enjoyment (was: DragonFlight 2000)

Quite right!

I, too, prefer vector for the reasons you listed. In addition, I think
that
it is actually easier for beginners to predict where thier ships will
end up
(a good thing).

On of my most enjoyable games was fought on a very croweded table of
asteroids (actually planetary ring material). The play area was 4'x8'
and
there were 20 asteroids on the table each turn. In addition, all of them
were moving at 4". It may have been 6", I can't remember. I do remember
that
the asteroids were moving faster than some of the ships could thrust.
Very
enjoyable! Nothing like seeing a Battleship get set up to obliterate a
destroyer, only to realize that it will have to move or be hit by an
asteroid. <LOL>

Simple rules for asteroids leaving the table:
If an asteroid will leave the table on the next round, roll randomly for
the
location that it will enter on the next turn and mark it. We used
percental
dice (2 d10s with the first indicating the 10s place and the second
indicating the 1s place) to indicate the number of inches along the long
edge that it would re-enter (re-roll anything above 96).

We also played that the asteroids blocked LOS if within 6" of firer or
target. As I stated were were playing in a planetary ring, so the 3rd
dimention was compressed.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net