Prev: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: [OT]: Journey to the Pacific Northwest

[OT] Universe Image Creator (was: GenCon FT Tournament Fleet Results)

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:12:22 -0700
Subject: [OT] Universe Image Creator (was: GenCon FT Tournament Fleet Results)

>A question about this Universe Image Creator:	does it work on Mac
Photoshop
>or are there only PC versions available?

Windows only. Same for the other space background generator I know of,
Starbits 7 (IIRC).

If you have Photoshop you can create starfields pretty easy. Create a
new
image, fill with black, do Filter > Noise > Add Noise (I set the amount
between 75-150 with gaussian distribution and monochromatic). Then do
Image
> Adjust > Threshold adjusting the level so the stars are as dense or
sparse as you like. I usualy do another layer and set it's opacity to
50%
to get some dimmer stars in there. Add clouds for that nebula effect and
lens flares for close bright stars. Makes 4-6 servings.

Ndege Diamond

Well it's 9th and Hennepin
And all the donuts have
Names that sound like prostitutes
-Tom Waits, "9th and Hennepin"

Nezach (at) earthlink (dot) net

Prev: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: [OT]: Journey to the Pacific Northwest