Prev: Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types Next: Re: DragonFlight 2000

RE: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types

From: "Jarrard, Jonathan (J.)" <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:02:05 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types

My problem comes when I try to imagine what such ships would actually
look
like.  It seems like such a setup would create great imbalances in hull
integrity and vulnerability to damage from side to side.

Maybe it's just me.  I always figured that ships of the line should look
like WWII warships rotated around their axis 360 degrees with the
engines
stuck on the back, and that dedicated assault ships or raiders should
have
primarily forward-aimed weaponry.