Prev: OT:Journey to the Pacific Northwest Next: Re: DragonFlight 2000

Re: DragonFlight 2000

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:13:12 -0700
Subject: Re: DragonFlight 2000

At 10:23 PM 8/28/00 -0700, Brian Burger wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Just got back this evening from DragonFlight 2000 in Seattle. Very cool
>convention, lots of great games, interesting people - including several
>listmembers.
>
>Mark 'Hauptmann' was there

Hiya Brian!  It was nice to make your acquaintance!

> - he played in my FR! scenario, then we had a
>good 1500pt/side FT game, my Phalon vs his not-Kzinti (can't remember
your
>name for them, Mark!).

K'rathri, the "Not Wing Commander" fleet. :-)

>The game was mostly a draw - the PH plasma bolts
>were a rude shock to his squadron, then we worked each other over well
in
>close-range fire before splitting off. I lost one BDN & one DH with no
>other damaged ships, and Mark lost two CCs and had his DN damaged a
bit.

CHs, actually <G>.  I had a 'lancer' fleet armed mostly with pulse
torps,
and the general fleet design is strictly FB1 / Cinematic.  BTW, thanks
for
adjusting your play to Cinematic movement for me - I hadn't tested *any*
of
the designs under Vector.

... and you are right, I *was* shocked by the amount of damage that your
fleet could dish out in a single attack, especially from the cruisers
and
escorts.

Here's the TOE I used:
    (details can be found at http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/fleet/)

	[1x] Gr'kakh DNA
	[2x] Gr'kaahri CH
	[2x] Jalkekhra DH

You're fortunate I didn't surprise you with a Gr'krehri DNG and a pair
of
Gr'kakhri CHGs.  I would have loved to see how you would have handled a
pincer attack of 32 MT missiles at the same time. :-)

Mark W Shurtleff
    aka "Togashi Gaijin" on the Clan War ML
    aka "Hauptman" on the GZG and Heavy Gear ML
email: hauptman@sfcmd.com     homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com

Prev: OT:Journey to the Pacific Northwest Next: Re: DragonFlight 2000