Prev: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug? Next: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?

Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug?

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:47:29 +0100
Subject: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug?

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Samuel Penn wrote:
> > Take a ship with mass 180, and 48 hull points.
> >
> > The number of crew factors is 9 (mass/20). 9's into 48 go five
> > and a bit times, rounded up, so every 6th hull box has a crew
> > factor marker.
> >
> > Except, 6 goes into 48 exactly 8 times. The 8th crew factor
> > goes into the last hull box, leaving nowhere for the 9th CF.
>
> The obvious is that you should round down, instead of up in this case.

Doesn't work[1]. That leaves the 9th half way along the last row,
meaning all the crew is dead before the ship is destroyed. Though
realistic, I'm assuming that this isn't a result that you're
supposed to get.

[1] Okay, it works, but it's not an ideal solution in my mind.

--
Be seeing you,		 --- Roleplaying and Wargaming -----------------
Sam.			 http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/games/index.html

Prev: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug? Next: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?