Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #72 Next: Re: [ft]modular ships

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #72

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 11:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #72

--- WALKCLAN4@aol.com wrote:

> THIS IS MY THIRD ATTEMPT TO HAVE YOU CHANGE OUR
> EMAIL ADDRESS !!  PLEASE
> EITHER TAKE US OFF YOUR MAILING LIST OR CHANGE OUR
> ADDRESS FROM
> WALKCLAN4@AOL.COM TO OUR NEW ONE:
> WALKCLAN4U@AOL.COM.  THANK YOU AGAIN
> !!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Walker,

     I tried to unsubscribe on the acount by
sending a command the the server, I failed.
I am including the welcome message for the
gzg-l list which contains (I hope) the necessary
instructions to fill your request.

Yours,
John L.

Please save this message for future reference.	Thank
you.

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing
list,
you can send mail to
<majordomo@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> with the
following

    unsubscribe gzg-l

or from another account, besides
john_t_leary@yahoo.com:

If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of
the list,
(if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions
about the
list itself) send email to
<owner-gzg-l@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> .
This is the general rule for most mailing lists when
you need
to contact a human.

 Here's the general information for the list you've
subscribed to,
 in case you don't already have it:

[Last updated on: Mon Nov 16 10:48:07 1998]

IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT

   Important note on use of the
GZG-L@csua.berkeley.edu Mailing List

To post to this list send email to
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu.  The
message will be forwarded to all list members, and
included in the
next digest message.

This Mailing List is run for the benefit of Fans of
Ground Zero Games
and, to a lesser extent, for Ground Zero Games
themselves. Material
appearing on this list WILL be forwarded to Ground
Zero Games and may
be used in part or whole as part of future rule books,
supplements
or other material. Any material used in whole will be
credited to the
Author of the material and he still retains copyright
unless waived.

By subscribing to the list you agree to allow your
copyrighted material
to appear in GZG products. If you do not agree with
these conditions
UNSUBSCRIBE NOW! To do this send an E-mail to;

majordomo@csua.berkeley.edu

The Subject can be left blank. The body of the message
should read;

unsubscribe gzg-l

Do this NOW if you do not agree with the above
conditions of use.
If you wish to participate on this list, but do not
want a specific
item copying, include a notice to this effect in that
message and your
wishes will be respected. Alternatively, you can
Unsubscribe and use
the Newsgroup: "rec.games.miniatures.misc" .

By receiving this message you have been made aware
that your material
may be used by GZG and by not Unsubscribing you are
giving your
permission
to do so.

The CSUA has no connection with GZG and gains in no
way from
this mailing list. The lists owner has no connection
with GZG and gains
in no way for maintaining this mailing list or
participating on it.
The FAQ maintainer has no connection with GZG and
gains in no way from
maintaining the GZG-L FAQ.

-
interface.

The following commands are understood by the majordomo
processor.
To use these commands place them in the body of an
email sent to
majordomo@csua.berkeley.edu.  Include the list name
after the command.

    subscribe <list> [<address>]
	Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified)
to the named <list>.

    unsubscribe <list> [<address>]
	Unsubscribe yourself (or <address> if
specified) from the named
<list>.
	"unsubscribe *" will remove you (or <address>)
from all lists.  This
	_may not_ work if you have subscribed using
multiple addresses.

    get <list> <filename>
	Get a file related to <list>.

    index <list>
	Return an index of files you can "get" for
<list>.

    which [<address>]
	Find out which lists you (or <address> if
specified) are on.

    who <list>
	Find out who is on the named <list>.

    info <list>
	Retrieve the general introductory information
for the named <list>.

    intro <list>
	Retrieve the introductory message sent to new
users.	Non-subscribers
	may not be able to retrieve this.

    lists
	Show the lists served by this Majordomo
server.

    help
	retrieves the help message with more complete
docs.

    end
	Stop processing commands (useful if your
mailer adds a signature).

You must send your commands in the body of a mail
message.  BITNET
immediate
messages are not supported.  Subject lines in mail
messages are
ignored.

-

Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ
Version 1.0

-
Contents

1 Introduction
2 Ground Zero Games
3 The Games
4 Suppliers
5 On-line Resources
6 Abbreviations
7 Misc
-

1 Introduction

This Meta-FAQ is a summary of basic information about
Ground Zero
Games (GZG) and their wargaming products. It contains
pointers to
more detailed FAQs on individual subjects.

This document is available on the web at

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/grunt/meta-faq.html

or in plain text format at

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/grunt/meta-faq.txt

or via e-mail from steve.pugh@dial.pipex.com

A copy should be sent to all new subscribers to the
GZG-L mailing
list (see section 5 below)

All amendments and comments should be sent to Steve
Pugh at
steve.pugh@dial.pipex.com

-

2 Ground Zero Games

GZG started out in 1984/5 as a very small part-time
operation
(no more than an extension of my own hobby), casting a
few
15mm resin SF items. The first rules set, G-Cav (for
15mm
squad/platoon actions, about the same level as SGII)
was
published in 1985, with a total print run (OK, copy
run!) of 100.

Dirtside I followed in 1989, and Stargrunt I in 1990.
GZG became
a properly-organised full time business in 1991,
around the same
time as the release of Full Thrust 1st ed. There were
only ever
a couple of hundred copies of FT 1 made, as we decided
to go for
an A4 colour-cover edition (FTII) almost immediately,
with the
first printing being early in 1992. DS II followed in
1993,
with More Thrust in 1994. SGII was released in 1996,
and most
recently the FT Fleet Book vol.1 in 1998.

In late 1996 GZG expanded from a one-man to a two-man
business
with the addition of Dave Garnham to deal with much of
the
production side, and in early 1997 we moved from a
home-based
business to a workshop unit.

-

3 The Games

At the moment GZG produce three Science Fiction
wargames:

FULL THRUST (FT) is an award winning generic starship
combat game.
The first edition was published in 1991. The second
edition in 1992
and the third edition will be published later in 1998
or in 1999. All
three editions use the same basic rules systems.

A supplement, MORE THRUST, ws published in 1994.
Another, THE
FLEET BOOK, has recently been published (1998) and
bridges the gap
between the second and third editions, containing an
advanced design
system as well as over fifty ship designs.

FT FAQ:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/faq-index.html
maintained by Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk>
Good web site starting point: The Unofficial Full
Thrust WWW Page
  http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/index.htm

DIRTSIDE II (DS2) is a battalion level ground combat
game, designed
for the 1/300, 1/285 or 1/200 scales. It was published
in 1993 and
uses the Full Metal Anorak (FMA) rules system. The
original Dirtside
was
published in 1989 and used a different rules system.

DS2 FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/FAQ.HTM
maintained by Andrew Martin <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz>
Good web site starting point: Andy Cowell's Dirtside
II Page
  http://www.cs.utk.edu/~cowell/min/ds2/

STARGRUNT II (SG2) is a platoon level ground combat
game, designed
for the 15mm, 25mm or 28mm scales. It was published in
1996 and is
compatable with Dirtside II, also using the FMA rules
system. The
original Stargrunt was published in 1990 and used a
different rules
system.

SG2 FAQ:
maintained by
Good web site starting point: Unofficial Stargrunt II
Site
  http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax/stargrun/INDEX.HTM

In addition the FT rules served as the basis for the
ship to ship
combat rules of the Babylon Project Role-playing Game
from Chameleon
Eclectic. This rules were included in the Earth Force
Sourcebook.
Good web site starting point:

The earlier version of the Stargrunt rules provided
part of the basis
for the Kryomek rules system from Fantasy Forge
(1991). (Now published
by
Kryomek Ltd.)

-

4 Suppliers

Ground Zero Games
P.O. Box 337
Needham Market
Suffolk IP6 8LN
ENGLAND
email: jon@gzg.com

GeoHex (North American suppliers for GZG products)
2126 North Lewis
Portland Oregon 97227
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
email: geohex@aol.com
WWW: http://www.geohex.com

Eureka Miniatures (Australian/New Zealand suppliers
for GZG products)
10 Woorayl St
Carnegie Victoria 3163
AUSTRALIA
Phone/Fax/Answering Machine: (03) 9568 4085
(or +61 3 9568 4085
from outside Australia)
email: nicr@eurekamin.com.au

*Chameleon Eclectic (Producer of The Babylon Project
RPG)

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Phone: 800 435 9930 (toll-free in the US)
       540.953.1658 (from overseas)
email: info@chameleon-eclectic.com
WWW: http://www.chameleon-eclectic.com

Kryomek Ltd. (Current producer of Kryomek)
32 West Hamming Street
Letham
Angus DD8 2PU
SCOTLAND

-

5 On-line Resources

Web Sites

GZG catalogue
This is maintained by Paul Owen,
<paul@lightspeed.u-net.com>
it is NOT an on-line ordering point and is only as up
to date as
Paul can keep it from the catalogues and updates he
receives in
the post. Also note that it reflects the current GZG
range and
may contain items not available from foreign
stockists.
	http://www.lightspeed.u-net.com/gzg/index.html

FT web ring
Michael R. Blair <amfortas@hotmail.com> has set this
up. Despite the
name it links sites covering Dirtside, Stargrunt and
the Earth Force
Sourcebook as well as those covering Full Thrust.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/1070/ft-net.html

Mail list archive
Maintained by Jerry Han <jhan@idigital.net> this site
archives
the GZG mailing list (see below) from June 1996 to the
present,
including a keyword search facility.
   http://interact.canoe.ca/~jhan/ft/full-thrust.html

Player locations lists
There are two sits that list players by geographic
location.
Mark 'Indy' Kochte <kochte@stsci.edu> maintains one
site,
   http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/location.html
And Jeremy Sadler <jsadler@earthling.net> maintains
the other,
   http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax/gzgames/INDEX.HTM

The Mailing List

The GZG list was originally set up to discuss Full
Thrust but has
expanded to cover Dirtside and Stargrunt (and
sometimes the Earth
Force Sourcebook) as well.

To sign on send an e-mail to
majordomo@csua.berkeley.edy with
Subscribe GZG-L <your name> in the body of the
message, the subject
line can be left blank.

Keep the e-mail you receive when you sign on, this
contains
important details about the list, including
instructions on how to
sign off.

The list is maintained by Matthew L. Seidl
<seidl@csua.berkeley.edu>

The list has a few basic rules:
1) Only standard text format e-mail
2) No personal abuse
3) No Irrelevancy
4) No 'me too' posts
5) Only quote what is necessary

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #72 Next: Re: [ft]modular ships