Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #72

Re: [FT]Modular Ships

From: mary <r2bell@h...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:31:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT]Modular Ships

Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:

> > Show me a wet naval ship that has had 10% of its total mass changed
> > suit
> > a particular mission, was returned to its original configuration
> > afterwards,
> > and did not need to be out of service for a long time for the
changes,
> > then
> > I will entertain the notion that configurable warships are doable.
>
> http://private.psi.com.pl/pmw/zagranic/dania/flex300/atack.htm
> http://private.psi.com.pl/pmw/zagranic/dania/flex300/polution.htm
>
> and if your Polish is good
> http://private.psi.com.pl/pmw/zagranic/dania/flex300/flex300.htm
> (this has some decent pictures of the uncommon missile configuration)
>
> I trust that you have some suitable bubbly, a few good theatre tickets
> and a reservation to a good restaurant. Some Notions expect a lot in
> the way of entertainment, you know. <g>

I accept that this is close enough to ten percent; however, it
conclusively shows that the modules have extra hardware(including, but
not limited to those little cabinets) which must increase their cost,
and add some premium the the cost
of a reconfigurable warship.  You must also concede that the
reconfigurability
is limited to sensors and weapons.

Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #72