Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

Re: [FT\\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

From: "Flynn Richardson" <Flynn.Richardson@u...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:04:39 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
Subject: Re: [FT\\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

>>It occurs to me that the only simple and balanced way to prevent this
>>problem is by excluding fighters from your campaign altogether.

>Actually, the way to balance this is to get rid of the screwy (IMO)
house
>rules that stiltman and his group plays with, which give an
overwhelming
>advantage to carrier/fighter based ships.

Another Way would be to limit the supply of crew. (I think the old
traveler TCS did this.)

This way, while the fighter may be easy to replace, its crew would not.
This can work with other ships as well, so the fleet that limps home
with
only one crew factor per ship is in for a hard time later on. If you are
going to model supply you may as well do it the whole hog.

Just a thought

Flynn

Wellington
New Zealand

Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games