Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: RE: MT Missile Questions

RE: MT Missile Questions

From: "Peter C" <petrov_101@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:28:19 GMT
Subject: RE: MT Missile Questions

>From: "Jarrard, Jonathan (J.)" <jjarrard@ford.com>
>To: "'gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu'" <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: RE: MT Missile Questions
>Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:03:16 -0400
>
>We've been playing with the original rules, no FC requirement, separate
PDS
>for each drone, and a 6 required to hit.
>
>I was curious how people were handling the FC issue because of a design

>that
>recently made an appearance in one of our games (a very SHORT game) --
>converted heavy freighter loaded with 74!!! drones hiding in an
asteroid
>field.  The NSL battleship squadron that had been sent to punish the
rebels
>didn't fare so well.

Our group dealt with MT missiles using extra Bogey decoys and a new
system
called bogey ecm.  It allowed you to alter the mass rating of your ship
long range scans until you were ID'd with sensors.  Made the capital
ships
more difficult to home in on.
  Also borrowed a Star Fleet Battles system called the "Expanding Sphere

Generator".  It destroys any missile or fighter coming in contact with
it.
System charges like the Wavegun and it's use must be plotted ahead of
time.

Pete

Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: RE: MT Missile Questions