Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter Endurance Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Endurance

Re: MT Missile Questions

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:56:13 -0400
Subject: Re: MT Missile Questions

> TU?  Is that the same as MU?

Tactical unit = Movement unit.

> I was curious how people were handling the FC issue because of a
design
that
> recently made an appearance in one of our games (a very SHORT game) --
> converted heavy freighter loaded with 74!!! drones hiding in an
asteroid
> field.  The NSL battleship squadron that had been sent to punish the
rebels
> didn't fare so well.

Yep, that would be a problem.  Any arsenal ship--a big ship that maxes
out
on SMR or MTM--is going to cause problems.  The way you solve that is to
attack it with fighters.  Of course, you first need to find out that the
arsenal ship is there, which sounds like a good case for leading with
DD's
instead of BB's.

Brian Bell said:
> I ran MT missiles in a PBeM using vector and FB:
> - Movement: 36tu in a 60 degree arc forward (i.e. may make upto a 2
point
> turn at the begining of movement).

I can't see unmanned missiles being less maneuverable than fighters.  I
could see them having a 60 degree targeting arc, though.

Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter Endurance Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Endurance