Prev: Re: DP9 in space [OT] Quiet Next: Re: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2?)

Re: DP9 in space [OT] Quiet

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:45:54 -0700
Subject: Re: DP9 in space [OT] Quiet

>The exos are a different story. Not in production quality, they'll go
>together well (a pin vise will help with the joints) and can be
>easily posed. The main pieces are the limbs and torso, with varying
>amounts of fiddly bits. Sadly, the Pathfinder does *not* come with an
>intact weapon, one must be assembled. Assembling a wing of four will
>be a real project. The models are also a lot bigger than I had hoped
>for at 30 mm; most notably they're bulkier than the cardboard pieces
>in the rulebook.

"It may be possible that these exos are for the Jovian Chronicles RPG
which focuses on mecha pilots and such.  Might DP9 be plannign a line of
smaller exos for LS?"

>I'm not completely down on the figures. They aren't the right size
>for Lightning Strike.But next to a 6mm grav tank, they look like a
>great size 4-5 walker for DSII. Or like light walkers in 15mm. Just
>not for 1/5000 spaceship miniatures. I was hoping for something in
>the 16-20mm range, and four in a blister. I'll have to drop DP9 a
>line and let them know at least one customer would prefer the smaller
>size, and they'd also have a sideline in 15mm PA.

If they are not planning a smaller line of exos then they are being
silly and might do well to consider it.

But hey, it's just a thought.

Eli