Prev: RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2? Next: Re: [OT] Quiet

Re: [OT] Quiet

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefert@m...>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 19:25:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Quiet

Michael Llaneza wrote:

> At 1:11 AM -0500 8/12/00, Mark A. Siefert wrote:
> >"Davis, Jonathan E (CRD)" wrote:
> >>
> >>  Yes and no.  Mark Seifert's comments about chainmail
"undergarments"
> >  > at GenCon evoke a negative reaction.  But the new game
releases...

> >	  So far the con has been going well.  I've run my first two FT
games and
> >I've got two more Saturday evening.	Before that I plan on doing a
> >little more shopping and get in a game of Heavy Gear, Gear Krieg, or
> >Lightning Strike.
>
> DP9 must be doing well. I've got Gear Krieg on order, and I'd love a
> preview. And I think you'd liek LS.

	I was able to play my first game of GK yesterday.  It plays just
like
Heavy Gear.  If your expecting high-octane mecha combat, don't.  The
walkers at this stage of the game are clunky, lightly armed, and will go
BOOM very easily.  If weren't expecting to see Nazi "kamphers" do back
flips while disgorging a hail of auto cannon fire ala HG, then it's
fantastic.  The storyline is very pulp sci-fi (I didn't know that Tesla
sold directed energy weapons to the French for the Maginot Line.) with
lots of wild technology, but it doesn't go too far over the top.

	I wasn't able to get in that game of LS.  So sad.  However,
Robert
Dubouis at the DP9 both was able to get me a fantastic deal on new HG
and JC figs this afternoon.  Five bucks (American) a pop if I bought
more than one.	I loaded up on Vindicators and Strike Jaguars.

	Humorous DP9 at GenCon story:  I was watching a pick-up game of
Heavy
Gear between two teams made up of DP9 and Agents of Gaming employees.
During the course of the game, this drop dead gorgeous woman in a silky
loin cloth and not much else comes walking into the miniatures area.
The game suddenly stops as all eyes (including my own) start to track
this beauty through the hall.  The game progresses for a few seconds
more until it ceases again so we could watch the women make her way out.

	After this lovely apparition left, a DP9 employee was quoted as
saying
"I love GenCon!"

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets,
	drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

				      --Groucho Marx (as Otis Driftwood)
					"A Night At the Opera"

E-MAIL: siefert@milwpc.com	      WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2? Next: Re: [OT] Quiet