Prev: Re: [fiction] GZGVerse News In Brief Next: Re: [FT] Silent Death Ships

Re: Those darned B1's

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:09:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Those darned B1's

John Leary wrote:

>      The really critical problem for this combat
> was the loss of 2 of the 3 Fire Controls as
> I reached the most effective range. (I.E.
> 12 MU)   The ship was a fast (thrust 6) and
> used Pulse Torps, beam 2s and 1s, and 2 screens.
>      My ISP decided to go belly up at a critical
> time and the game was finished by another person,
> who had the unpleasent task of cleaning up the
> mess that I had left behind.

These were also factors in the ultimate outcome of the game.
Although I don't recall the loss of 2 firecons being critical,
since there was only one target (me! :^).

#2. See also Aaron Teske.

> It is no dishonor to be defeated by one of the
> list 'Old Pros', like Mk.

If you want, next time I'll take a p-torp armed ship.  ;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [fiction] GZGVerse News In Brief Next: Re: [FT] Silent Death Ships